Applying for Access
Users who would like to apply for access to one of our systems must be members or guests of the university and require a
valid FU Account (link in German)
for access to the HPC systems by sending an email to
including the following details:
Important: Please also send the mail as CC to the person whom you
have named als group leader.
- FU Account (standard account, if available, otherwise guest or project account)
- Project (very brief description)
- Head of the group (name and ZEDAT email address)
- Resource requirements (CPU / RAM / disk space), if known
- Programs required
- Do you intend to process personal data (yes/no)? If 'yes' please indicate whether the data have been anonymised or pseudonymised
: Please do not apply for accounts for people other than yourself.
: The welcome mail will be sent to your FU address
. We shall also send
other information to this address, so you must read mail sent there regularly,
or forward it to a different address
Normally you will receive a welcome message within 24 hours. After your access
has been set up, you will be able to log in to the system via SSH
Please note that, in accordance with the conditions pertaining to the ZEDAT
account, you are not permitted to use your account to allow a third party access
to any systems at the FU Berlin.