Information (not only) for Freshly Enrolled Students
Welcome to ZEDAT, the computer service centre of Freie Universität Berlin.
Please also read the
Your FU account is the prerequisite for many university services.
If you have already registered for an FU application account, you will be informed by an e-mail to your specified e-mail address when your application account has been transformed into a full FU account.
Otherwise, we will send you a letter with an activation code which enables you to set up your FU account online. Please follow the instructions given in this letter.
Please proceed to the ZEDAT portal as soon as your FU account has been set up:
Through this portal you will be able to configure options for your account and will also find links to additional university services.
Taking Note of University Information
In future, all further university information will be sent to you via e-mail to the e-mail address belonging to your FU account
, as this is cheapest and quickest way to keep you fully informed.
It is essential that you take note of university information sent to you in this way.
E-mails containing university information can be received in several ways:
- using an e-mail program (e.g. Thunderbird)
- via webmail
- via another provider (gmail, web.de etc.)
We have several helpful information sheets for all three possibilites which you can find under the link
The webmail service can be reached at:
The e-mail settings in the ZEDAT portal allow you to configure an e-mail address which is derived from your name or to set up the aforementioned forward to your e-mail address at another provider.
Important Information That Will Help You Organise Your Studies
Enrolment Number and Certificate of Enrolment
You can also access Self-Services of the Student Records and Registration Office using your FU account. You can download your certificate of enrolment, enter a change of address and phone number or manage your re-registration online at:
The Campuscard combines our student ID with the dining hall card, the VBB transit ticket, and the library ID, all in a single card. The QR code needed for picking up your Campuscard can be found in the ZEDAT portal:
Further instructions concerning the Campuscard can be found here:
Please note the following information offered by the student adminsitration services, the Center for Digital Systems (CeDiS) and the university library:
You can find additional university information at:
* Studentendorf Schlachtensee und Adlershof.pdf
If you should encounter problems organising your studies, please contact Info-Service Studium
offered by student administration services.
For all services provided by ZEDAT you will find helpful information on the following pages:
Apart from that, ZEDAT's Info-Service IT
will be glad to help you.
Further Hints Concerning Your FU-Account and ZEDAT Services
Please observe the following guidelines when using your account:
- using your account for academic work, research, teaching and administration
- unauthorised use of networks, systems, services, programmes or data belonging to third parties; altering or attempting to alter such networks, systems etc.
- dissemination of pornographic, violent or discriminatory content
- any form of use which endangers the operation or reliability of the system
- business or commercial use
- processing personal data in the sense of the law on data protection
- disclosing a password or use of the account by other persons, associations or institutions
We also draw your attention to the following:
- your printed copies may be kept in open pigeonholes
- your personal data is used for permissible purposes in university IT procedures and may be stored for up to 3 years
- your account is available until you have completed your studies; however, operational malfunction or misuse which can be traced to the account may lead to the account being blocked
- you are obliged to comply with ZEDAT's user regulations, to follow the FU Berlin's IT security policy and to be careful with the resources provided
Never reveal your access data in an e-mail. You should also be careful when entering access data on a website. Never rely on the appearance of the website; always check the web address (e.g. https://portal.zedat.fu-berlin.de/
You can find more information on ZEDAT services at: